This episode shares thoughts about how developers can often find themselves wasting time while tracking down an issue even though a quick refactor might fix or highlight the issue, saving themselves and their company time and money.
We also talk briefly about debugging and the time spent setting up an IDE to allow easier debugging of an application. However, IDEs are not making this as easy as we’d hoped. Adam will be posting to his blog, GeekyBoy.com, when he completes some step-by-step scripts on how-to.
Adam Culp also updates on his running and activity status, and the progress of his physical therapy for the shoulder injury.
- PHPStorm issue with IP addresses on my blog – http://www.geekyboy.com/archives/1208
- PHPQATools – contains multiple tools enabling measurement of PHP code quality http://phpqatools.org/
- Cyclomatic Complexity – https://phpmd.org/rules/codesize.html#cyclomaticcomplexity
- NPath Complexity – https://phpmd.org/rules/codesize.html#npathcomplexity
- Visit Beachcasts – http://beachcasts.com
- Follow on Twitter at https://twitter.com/rungeekradio
- Follow on Facebook at https://facebook.com/rungeekradio